Swap out the sugary cereals for this healthy and yummy treat for breakfast!
Health’d Up Baked Pecan Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified
- 1/2 cup smashed banana (for sweetness, may change this to applesauce)
- 2 tbs. agave or 1/2 tsp. stevia
- 1 local egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (kids won’t even know they’re in there)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oatmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup nut milk (almond, coconut)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oil, fruit, egg, and pecans in a medium bowl. Add oatmeal, baking powder and milk and stir until blended.
- Pour into a lightly-greased 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve hot or cold with nut milk or Greek Yogurt and/or fruit.
NOTE: KidTip.. Make the night before and heat up with nutmilk and fresh fruits.
Change it up: Make it into cupcakes (cook them for 20 minutes) and pop them out once cooled. You can freeze them for individual servings at a later date.